This book group is for white people who are interested and committed to deepening their understanding of their own racial identity, increasing their skills and resilience for the work of ending racism in our community and beyond, and in supporting racial accountability for white people.
Gandhi Institute staff members Matt Liston and Spero Michailidis will lead this discussion group.
- The first meeting will take place on Tuesday June 2nd from 5-6:30 PM. Participants will not need to have read anything before the first meeting, and are responsible for purchasing the book on their own.
- The group will meet again from 5-6:30 PM on Tuesday June 16th, June 23rd, and June 30th. All meetings will be held via Zoom.
- Unfortunately, Rochester City School District Teachers cannot earn professional development credit, as the deadline for credits applied for this academic year ends the first week of June. We wish that were not the case, and hope RCSD teachers will still consider participating.
Registration & Cost:
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY FULL FOR THIS BOOK GROUP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN A FUTURE BOOK GROUP DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MATT@GANDHIINSTITUTE.ORG
Capacity is limited to 25, please register below to reserve your spot.
In an effort to make our events as accessible as possible, we’ve created a donation-based model, starting at no cost.
- Please select one of the three options that works best for your budget.
- If you would like to contribute a different amount, choose Option 1, press “next,” and then designate the amount on the final summary page.
Thank you for participating and supporting us in being of service to the most people during this time of need.