Season for Nonviolence
January 30th - April 4th
Thank you for your interest in the Season for Nonviolence — 64 days to deepen your understanding of nonviolence and your peace of mind.
To stay connected to others participating this year, and to receive special opportunities to practice with the men at Groveland and Attica Correctional Facilities, please sign the pledge.
For more ideas on learning nonviolence, click here.
How to Participate
Further Nonviolence Resources
- The New Jim Crow, Michelle Alexander
- The Fire Next Time, James Baldwin
- To Dwell in Peace, Daniel Berrigan
- Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome, Dr. Joy DeGruy
- Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center, bell hooks
- Killing Rage: Ending Racism, bell hooks
- Where Do We Go from Here, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Uprooting Racism, Paul Kivel
- Sister Outsider, Audre Lorde
- The Way of Tenderness, Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
- Meditations of the Heart, Howard Thurman
- The Fire This Time: A New Generation Speaks About Race, Jesmyn Ward