Click to make a one time donation or sign up to be a monthly donor. You can also purchase items for the house, garden, and school Help Zones from our Wishlist.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIFT?
- Over the last year, we worked virtually and in person with over 1,975 youth and adults, teaching and modeling conflict transformation, nonviolence education and anti-racism.
- In schools, we supported 3,599 student interactions, through embodying restorative approaches to challenge.
- Through our garden space and partners, we delivered food weekly throughout the late summer and fall to 30 households, and hosted workshops for 10 new community bed holders.
- Via social media, and especially through the Nonviolence Now media project, we reminded tens of thousands more about the power and possibility of Nonviolence.
Staff Members Reflecting on How the Institute’s Culture Matters
What the Help Zone Means to Students and Staff at Enrico Fermi School 17
Teaching 2nd Graders about Solidarity and Well-Being at Charles T Lunsford School 19
A Quick Overview of the Gandhi Institute
Words About Our Work
“When I visited the Institute, I saw so many people from different communities in Rochester coming together, learning and exchanging meaning with others and then going back out to share ideas and skills–it’s so exciting. The physical transformation of the house and the beauty of the garden was inspiring. You have opened up a space of possibility that I feel really happy to support. So I’m upping my monthly support. This is precious work.”
– Marc Scruggs, San Francisco, CA