Click to make a one time donation or sign up to be a monthly donor. You can also purchase items for the house, garden, and school Help Zones from our Wishlist.
WE PROMISE ONCE AGAIN TO LEVERAGE EVERY PENNY ON BEHALF OF OUR COMMUNITY AND ON BEHALF OF THE FUTURE ITSELF. THANK YOU!
In honor of our 30th anniversary, we invite our beloved community to participate in our 30K for 30 Years fundraiser. The Gandhi Institute stands committed to nonviolence education, anti-racism and racial justice, sustainability through our community garden and local patronage, and restorative justice work in Rochester area schools and in the Rochester community. Our hope is to raise $30,000 in our 30th year (2021 – 2022) to support our important work, and you can contribute here.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIFT?
- Over the last 3 years we worked directly with over 19,000 youth and adults, teaching and modeling conflict transformation, nonviolence education and anti-racism.
- In schools during that time we have supported 17,000 student interactions, through embodying restorative approaches to challenge.
- Via social media, and especially through the Nonviolence Now media project, we reminded tens of thousands more about the power and possibility of Nonviolence.
Staff Members Reflecting on How the Institute’s Culture Matters
What the Help Zone Means to Students and Staff at Enrico Fermi School 17
Teaching 2nd Graders about Solidarity and Well-Being at Charles T Lunsford School 19
A Quick Overview of the Gandhi Institute
Gandhi Institute at a Glance: 2019-2020
- Youth and Adult Training Attendees: 3,823
- Student Conversations: 8,055
- Annual Budget: $524,000
- Events: 142
- Full time staff: 10
- Number of people turned away for lack of funds: 0
Words About Our Work
“When I visited the Institute, I saw so many people from different communities in Rochester coming together, learning and exchanging meaning with others and then going back out to share ideas and skills–it’s so exciting. The physical transformation of the house and the beauty of the garden was inspiring. You have opened up a space of possibility that I feel really happy to support. So I’m upping my monthly support. This is precious work.”
– Marc Scruggs, San Francisco, CA